Have fun creating your own secret code and then send and receive secret messages with family and friends!
What you need:
- Paper and thin card (cereal packet)
- Glue Stick
- Paper fastener or string with a knot
Make Your Decoder Wheel
- Download our Caesar Cipher Decoder Wheel here
- If printing on paper, stick onto a sheet of thin card.
- Cut out the two circles and don’t forget to cut out the code space just below the letter ‘A’.
- Make a hole in the centre of the two circles.
- Either use a paper fastener to connect them together, or a piece of knotted string.
- On the outside of the larger circle either write the code of your choice in the individual boxes: It could be the Alphabet, numbers, pictures, patterns or symbols.
- You’re now ready to start making your own secret codes!