“I love feeling I can make a difference by joining the Friends”
Founded in 1980, the Friends were the driving force in establishing the Silk Heritage Trust, the renovation of the Old Sunday School and the creation of the Silk Museum.
Today, the Friends are a charity (registered charity No: 511677), remaining passionate about conserving Macclesfield’s silk heritage together with other aspects of our town’s history.
We organise a varied annual programme of events including presentations by costume historians, talks on other aspects of Macclesfield’s heritage and even brass band concerts. We look forward to welcoming you as a member of the Friends.
Support our fundraising for Macclesfield’s museums and enjoy the following benefits:
Standard Membership Benefits
- Exclusive Friends’ Newsletters delivered to you twice a year
- Advance notice of the Friends’ annual programme of events
- Priority booking for the Friends’ annual programme of events
- Discounted tickets for events organised by the Friends
- Free entry to Paradise Mill (as a member of a guided group tour)
- Volunteering and Fundraising opportunities at Friends’ events
Jacquard and Corporate Membership Benefits
Make a greater financial contribution and enjoy all the benefits listed above plus:
- Invitation to the annual Jacquard Friends Reception
- Named as a Jacquard Friend in the Friends’ Annual Report
Single/ Joint £15 / £25
Single / Joint Jacquard £30 / £45
For further information about how to join the Friends, please email [email protected]
Our recent fundraising has enabled:
- Acquisitions of important works of art by Joseph Writght of Derby and Charles Tunnicliffe, plus silk dresses by Gucci, Jean Muir, Gianni Versace and Dior.
- Promotional material for the Silk Museum
- Educational resources for Schools