“I love feeling I can make a difference by joining the Friends”
Welcome to The Friends of Macclesfield Silk Heritage. Established in 1981, we are the charity that supports and champions Macclesfield Museums to the local community by conserving the buildings and collections for a wider audience.
We are a registered charity (No: 511677). Find out more and help support our campaign to revitalise the Silk Museum by becoming a member of the Friends.
In partnership with the Museum, we organise a varied events programme. This includes our Curator “behind-the-scenes” and Museum Collection Talks, external costume and Ancient Egypt historians and other aspects of Macclesfield’s heritage.
Join our friendly Museum community and gain exclusive access to the collection through a programme of special events, talks and tours.
Your membership will be valid for a full 12 months and in return you’ll receive special benefits including:
Go free – 1 x Free entry per member per year to Paradise Mill
Go first – Advance notice of the Friends’ and Museum events
Updates – Quarterly Friends e-news
What’s on – Monthly Museum What’s On e-news
Invitations – Exclusive previews and members events
Discounts – Discounted tickets for certain events organised by the Friends
Friends – Get out, meet like-minded people and make new friends
Standard Membership Single £15
Standard Membership Joint £25
Jacquard Membership Single £30
Jacquard Membership Joint £45
Corporate Membership please email businessdevelop[email protected]
Make a greater financial contribution and enjoy all the benefits listed above plus:
• Invitation to the annual Jacquard Friends Reception
• Named as a Jacquard Friend in the Friends’ Annual Report
How can I join?
We’ve made it as easy as possible for you to join, simply choose one of the methods below:
• Download here, complete and return a membership form via email to pay by BACs or cheque
• Email [email protected] and we will send you a membership form in the post
• Visit the Silk Museum in person and a member of staff will be pleased to help
Do you know someone special who is passionate about textiles, Ancient Egypt, art and local history?
Treat them to a whole year of Friends membership at Macclesfield Museums. More information coming soon…
Because of You
“To date our work has been regularly and generously supported by The Friends; allowing us to continue having an Egyptologist on the team, to expand the role of our Curator in championing the unique story of Macclesfield Silk, as well as to create publicity materials to reach wider audiences. The Friends have always been committed to bringing heritage to life amongst young people and have supported the development of our Education work.” Emma Anderson, Museum Director
Friends past fundraising has enabled:
- Iconic designer purchases for the Fashion collection including silk dresses by Gucci, Jean Muir, Gianni Versace and Dior
- Acquisitions of important works of art by Joseph Wright of Derby and Charles Tunnicliffe.
- Promotional material for the Silk Museum
- Educational resources for Schools