Have a Dabble is an art group for adults run by artist and art teacher Julie Longbottom at Macclesfield Museums. Our classroom classes are currently suspended due to Covid-19 – so, we are bringing Have a Dabble to you!
Thanks to generous funding from the Cheshire Community Foundation we have distributed boxes of art materials and activity idea packs for people to work on while safely at home.
- Pre-Covid our Have a Dabble community had 30 members (affectionately known as ‘Dabblers’), meeting once a week at Macclesfield Museums
- We’ve issued 240 Art boxes to local residents
- Provided over 30 lessons
- Post out 65 packs every month to people who can’t access the internet
- Fortnightly ‘Sketchbook Sharing’ keeping-in-touch Zoom sessions
- Through a combination of our website, e-newsletter and postal packs we have a growing community of over 400 ‘Dabblers’
How can I get involved?
No special skills or experience is required to Have a Dabble, just an interest in experimenting with art and a willingness to have a go.
New art activity ideas will be added here on the website. Join us for our fortnightly ‘Sketchbook sharing’ sessions on Zoom and help us create an online gallery.
You can sign up for the weekly e-newsletter by emailing [email protected]
Have A Dabble at Home
Hello Dabblers, I hope you are all well and safe at this difficult time – I miss teaching and seeing you all at the Old Sunday School. But for now, here are some creative lessons for you to all try at home. Keep in touch, love, Julie.