Great News! Have a Dabble classes will be back at the Silk Museum starting September 10th 2021.
Classes are every Friday and limited to 12 students per session.
Morning Class 9-12pm Afternoon Class 1-4pm. Costing £12 per person per class.
Click the buttons below to take you to the booking pages
Have a Dabble is an Adult art and craft group run by artist and art teacher Julie Longbottom at Macclesfield Museums. Our classroom classes were suspended due to Covid-19 – so, we brought Have a Dabble to you!
Thanks to generous funding from the Cheshire Community Foundation we have distributed boxes of art materials and activity idea packs for people to work on while safely at home.
- Pre-Covid our Have a Dabble community had 30 members (affectionately known as ‘Dabblers’), meeting once a week at Macclesfield Museums
- We’ve issued 240 Art boxes to local residents
We have provided over 45 lessons
- Post out 65 packs every month to people who can’t access the internet
- Fortnightly ‘Sketchbook Sharing’ keeping-in-touch Zoom sessions
- Through a combination of our website, e-newsletter and postal packs we have a growing community of over 600 ‘Dabblers’
Have a Dabble from Home has now come to an end. All of the lessons are archived here on the website for you to explore and have fun with. We are hoping to restart regular on site sessions at the Silk Museum from September and will post information on those as soon as dates and times are confirmed.
BE THE FIRST to find out about by joining the Have a Dabble mailing list by contacting [email protected]
Have a Dabble Exhibition
An inspiring exhibition of the ‘Dabblers’ Artwork, all created at home. Taught by Julie via Zoom classes and the activity sheets during the 2020-2021 Lockdowns.